Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New Post!

So the LRE is almost done.
Photobucket
I had to make the Flamestorm cannon front out of plasticard, because the detail to not detail was bad. (on the tubing)
Photobucket

I was skimming through my mind (yeah, I do that sometimes X-D) And I thought I'd make a Tyranid. I didn't want to cut anything off the sprue, because I'm planning on selling all of that, so I dived into my bitz boxes... Thankfully..I found a full Tyranid Warrior body! (and half of another) in sprue! So excited. So I got out the putty, and started seeing what I could do. I just stuck stuff places, and definitely liked what I was doing...so I cleaned up most of the flash, and started gluing! I'm almost completely happy with this conversion. He's missing a left scything talon, because fatefully...I don't have one (weird..I know) and I don't want to cut one out of the sprue, because that would take away from its sellability...
The conversion is supposed to represent leaping I think...I dunno..it just looks really neat X-D leaping over the current target, to get to the thing on the other side!
Photobucket
Photobucket

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Yo, looks like you got out of your deep blue funk real quick buddy. :)

    First: "Plastic Shavings" for the win. Smart.

    Second: Snazzy DA iconography layout on the LRE. LRE's looking mighty fierce yo.

    Third: I definitely like the Chris-o-fied Flamestorm Cannons but why is one barrel longer than the other?

    Fourth: The tusked carnifex head has to be my favourite for the OVERKILL. :D

    Fifth: Holy Leaping Nids! That quick-bashed Nid warrior is very very dynamic ala Matrix freeze-frame style. Looks like it just swooped in on a sneak attack or it's borrowing a marine head to get the jump on another. I smell diorama.

    Sixth: Yes, I'm long-winded yo. Rabid progress dude. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a huuuugggeee tank.....Just for sake of scale, can we get a picture of it next to a regular Land Raider or Rhino? Maybe even a Baneblade if you have one lying around. :P

    As Horatio asked, why is one Flamestorm cannon longer than the other and where is this thing going to be mounted?

    The other is just a small criticism but I feel that the roof of the LRE is a tad...flat. I assume more armor plating and detailing are going on there?

    The nids look fantastic, but I don't know about that leaping one. Looks like he's bouncing off of his opponent's head in a Super Mario fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massive tank! Anything that huge has to be good in Apoc, what are you running for a datasheet?

    Mitch
    http://ottawagamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete